Campbells

Campbells

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Goodbye Campsite 2013

As we drove out of the village, we spotted the townspeople, all out having some sort of picnic together. For certain, this little logging town doesn't see many folks, especially a van full of blonde kids. I waved, then they waved. Then they yelled out for us to join them. It touched me immensely. And were we not creeping along on a rocky road without a spare tire and with a van that was beginning to sound like it needed a day in the shop to recover, I might have taken them up on it. Their hospitality continually amazes me. 

This is what their houses looked like. 

And this one, I had to photograph.

The scenery is beautiful in its own way, up on Light Mountain. Can you see the search-and-rescue tents across from us? 


No comments:

Site Meter